Your new company
Hays have been exclusively engaged by the housing management arm of a local authority in West London to recruit a Fire Safety Surveyor to integrate into their new in-house team. You will be working within the property team to drive fire safety standards forward.
Your new role
Working closely with the Fire Safety Operations Manager and Head of Fire Safety, your role as the Fire Safety Surveyor will be to:
- Provide expert specialist fire safety support and advice across the department.
- To ensure fire safety is inspected, managed and maintained in accordance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Take responsibility for identifying all fire related risks and issues across the portfolio and design
- Arrange and oversee the necessary remedial actions and work packages.
- Liaise with appropriate key stakeholders such as repairs staff, specialist consultants, designers and clerk of works to ensure compliance with fire safety legislation and the council's fire safety strategy and policies.
- Manage and undertake FRA validations, including risk management of assets.
- Provide expert technical support and training to other housing staff and provide support with other key management issues relating to fire safety.
- Work with residents and residents' groups to promote good fire safety practice
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have strong fire safety qualifications to consolidate substantial experience in the industry. As a minimum you will need to have at least one of the following; CFPA Diploma, RICS, RIBA, NEBOSH Fire and ideally be a member of the IFE. You will also need to have a strong handle on all current fire safety legislation such as RRO 2005 and issues impacting on service delivery. You will need experience in completing FRA's in complex residential properties ideally and experience in completing detailed schedules of works and fire-related specifications.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive an annual salary of up to £55,000 plus public sector benefits such as generous annual leave (30 days+), generous pension contribution in line with LGPS and opportunities for flexible working situations. This is a great team to be a part of and a chance to build your fire safety work portfolio in a challenging but rewarding environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.