|Salary||£35000 - £40000 per annum|
|Sector||Engineering, Public Sector|
|Posted||2 months ago|
|Apply by||Thursday, 31 October 2019|
Working alongside the Health, Safety and Fire team, the Fire Safety Engineer will have responsibility for reviewing and completing the Fire Safety Strategies of numerous University buildings to ensure a more compliant estate for students, staff and visitors.
You will be fully conversant with the regulations associated with Fire Engineering and Safety and will raise awareness of fire engineering principles with departmental contacts, Estates colleagues, designers and contractors.
To be considered for this post, you will be/have:
• Educated to a degree standard in fire safety engineering
• Registration on an industry recognised third party accreditation scheme, such as the IFE
• Up to date technical knowledge relating to the design or installation of fire protection systems (fire detection, suppression, and smoke control), experience delivering surveys of compartmentalisation, writing building fire strategies or qualifications relating to fire engineering
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to influence senior management, teams, interest groups and contracting teams
• Very good knowledge of, and experience delivering fire risk management, and in particular fire strategies, across various industries (retail, healthcare, office, military, government etc.)
The salary range for this position is £35,000 - £40,000
To discuss this opportunity in further detail please call Joe Hodgson on 0121 454 5000 or email your CV to email@example.com for consideration.