This is an exciting opportunity to join the Health, Safety & Compliance Team within the Estates, Facilities & Capital Development Directorate, as a Fire Safety Coordinator. Your role will be to work with the Principal Fire Safety Manager in the implementation and continuous improvement of the Fire Safety Management system.
Typically, you will:
- Provide specialist technical advice to inform the compilation of personal emergency egress plans (PEEPS) where required, such as determining building features and engineering services
- Deliver and ensure execution of prioritised fire action plans for University to a standard that bears scrutiny from enforcing authorities
- Assist in developing evacuation and response plans for all work areas, to ensure that effective response in the event of an emergency
- Contribute to site wide risk assessments and react proactively to areas of high risk.
- Implement preventive or protective measures to evaluate risks, combating the risks at source; adapting to technical progress; replacing the dangerous by non-dangerous or less dangerous.
The ideal candidate:
- Experienced in evacuation training, response strategies and fire equipment inspection and maintenance.
- Proficiency in developing and conducting Fire Safety training programs
- Experience of producing high quality reports and correspondence, and giving clear oral reports/presentations
- Experience in carrying out suitable and sufficient fire risk assessments
- Relevant qualification in Fire Safety (IFE, NEBOSH, FETA) etc
About the team:
Our health, safety & compliance professionals provide strategic and operational advice and guidance on matters relating to Health, Safety and Compliance across EFCD and the wider University. With a £400m estates investment plan, our team is passionate about transformation, sustainability and improving not only our campus but the contribution we make to our city
Working at MMU:
Manchester Met is a great place to work, and you’ll be part of a great team. We’re ambitious for ourselves and our staff; and we recognise the key contribution our colleagues make by Staff being one of our four strategic priorities.
In addition to a great working environment you’ll have access to the University facilities including sport, library and wide range of benefits including health and wellbeing support.
We offer a competitive salary alongside an industry beating pension scheme. We also offer generous holiday packages which include 25 days per year holiday, plus Christmas shutdown, plus bank holidays.
For informal enquiries, please contact Alastair Brock (EFCD Head of health & safety) on email@example.com
Closing date: 20 October 2019