This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. And making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
At Heathrow we value the Health and Safety (H&S) of our colleagues, passengers, and neighbours above all else. Our focus on fire, health and safety (FHS) is not just the right thing to do, it is the foundation of an efficient operation, a secure airport and a sustainable business. Covering everything from occupational health through to fire and workplace H&S, this can be a high-risk environment and it’s down to us to help manage those risks.
The Fire, Health and Safety Team at Heathrow is growing and strengthening, and we now have a vacancy for a Fire, Health and Safety Business Partner. The role will report to Heathrow’s H&S Director, be part of the H&S leadership team and provide support primarily to the Airside and Baggage Function.
In the role of the Health and Safety Business Partner – Airside and Baggage, you will
- Inform, educate, enable and challenge Directors, leaders and managers to understand their risks and safety culture, comply with FHS policies and standards and deliver its part of the FHS strategy
- Ensure FHS plans, priorities, decisions and actions are informed by accurate risk registers, safety culture assessments and insights from safety performance data.
- Provide FHS advice to operational leaders and managers, working within the defined polices and standards
- Establish strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders, including Trade Unions (TUs)
- Ensure that FHS governance, including Trade Union (TU) governance, is established and working effectively
- (By drawing on resources from the broader FHS Team) provide management information and insight regarding FHS performance and the adequacy of controls
- Ensure FHS assurance activity is undertaken to provide insight on the adequacy of controls
- Ensure that learning is captured and shared to ensure a consistent approach that realises benefits across the Heathrow Community
- Liaise with the Health and Safety Executive and other regulators as required.
We’re looking for people who have:
- The qualities of a safety professional with a NEBOSH diploma in occupational Health and Safety
- Proven experience operating in a senior Health and safety role, ideally gained in a 24/7, high-volume footfall environment in a sector like oil and gas, construction, transport, utilities or manufacturing
- A proven track record of effective stakeholder management skills within a complex and unionised environment
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret and present data in a meaningful way
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance and access to private health insurance. We also have a range of initiatives designed to help people in our surrounding communities get to and from work cost-effectively and sustainably, from free travel on local buses through to subsidised rail fares. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
Be part of the 80 million passenger journeys we make happen each year. An incredibly important part. Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to shine and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
Our Health and Safety team is growing! To join our talent pool follow the link to our careers site and register your details to stay updated on the latest vacancies.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome all sorts of passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow, we’re driven by inclusivity and we celebrate individuality.#LI-POST