|Salary||£45000 - £55000 per annum|
|Posted||about 1 month ago|
|Apply by||Saturday, 11 January 2020|
Working alongside the Health, Safety and Fire team, the Fire Safety Engineer will have responsibility for reviewing and completing the Fire Safety Strategies of numerous University buildings to ensure a more compliant estate for students, staff and visitors.
You will be fully conversant with the regulations associated with Fire Engineering and Safety and will raise awareness of fire engineering principles with departmental contacts, Estates colleagues, designers and contractors.
To be considered for this post, you will be/have:
• Educated to a degree standard in fire safety engineering (desirable)
• Registration on an industry recognised third party accreditation scheme, such as the IFE
• Up to date technical knowledge relating to the design or installation of fire protection systems (fire detection, suppression, and smoke control), experience delivering surveys of compartmentalisation, writing building fire strategies or qualifications relating to fire engineering
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to influence senior management, teams, interest groups and contracting teams
• Very good knowledge of, and experience delivering fire risk management, and in particular fire strategies, across various industries (retail, healthcare, office, military, government etc.)
The salary range for this position is circa £45,000 to £55,000 - although we are open to conversations with exceptional candidates looking for higher salary brackets.
To discuss this opportunity in further detail please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.