Shirley Parsons has been retained to help appoint a European H&S Manager for a leading manufacturing organisation. Reporting directly into the COO, this is an exceptional opportunity to review, unravel and transform Health and Safety culture on an European scale. Suitable candidates must have high levels of energy, an informal but progressive approach, and possess excellent leadership skills.
It is essential that applicants are fluent in English and German.
This role can be based in any major European country.
- Developing a robust and workable Health and Safety culture across numerous sites, and overcoming cultural challenges.
- Monitoring and steering progress - identifying the impact of Safety activities and prioritising accordingly.
- Building relationships and rapport across the business, and utilising dotted line reports to empower operational staff to take ownership of Health and Safety.
- Installing formal processes and practices, ensuring that these processes are implemented to the highest possible standards.
- Significant experience of operating at a senior H&S leadership level, reporting into board level is required
- The ability to engage and inspire across diverse sites with different cultures
- A demonstrable track-record of developing successful H&S strategy and enabling positive cultural change
- Degree or Diploma level qualification in H&S is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders of all levels successfully
- Fluent in English and German
Reference: LT 12881