A truly exciting role for a passionate Environmental Manager to join a unique manufacturer within a fast paced and diverse environment on the stunning Devon Coast. An opportunity to be the ‘go to’ Environmental expert for this organisation across 5 local sites.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone to work with one of the most advanced production facilities in a unique environment with cutting edge production techniques and craftsmanship.
The successful Environmental Manager will hold a Degree or higher national diploma (HND), degree or IOSH Diploma in Environmental Management or an environment-related subject such as; environmental sciences/management, biosciences, applied science’.
Ideally you will be a Chartered Member of IEMA with proven experience performing in a similar role within manufacturing/ industry/ maritime sector. Additionally, you will need to be Lead auditor trained and possess knowledge of ISO14001
Reporting to the Group Head of SHE you will be responsible for overseeing the environmental performance and developing, implementing and monitoring environmental strategies to promote sustainable development.
- Devise tools and systems to monitor performance and to implement strategies.
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation
- Assess and analyse environmental data and report against internally and externally
- Ensure materials are ethically and environmentally sourced
- Provide environmental staff training
- Produce plans and Reports
- Ensure up to date with relevant environmental legislation and initiatives
- Liaise with regulatory bodies
This role requires a competent Environmental Manager who is used to continual changing landscapes and the ability to maintain focus. Happy to challenge, with strong problem-solving skills and adept communication skills. Working within a small and dedicated team where a sense of humour and team engagement is essential for success.
Keen on ensuring your success and career development, this organisation are dedicated to offering additional training through there Learning and Development team.
For more information on this role call Sharron on 0208 420 4064