We're delighted to be supporting a plumbing and heating supplier based in the West Midlands. Responsible for leading the environmental compliance and performance of the organisation while developing, implementing and monitoring targets, strategies and programmes to support the profitability of the business
This is a National field-based role with some time spend each week at Head office based in the West Midlands. Travel includes Branch Visits, Distribution Centres, Meetings with operations, Suppliers, customers and regulators.
- Responsible for compliance with Producer Responsibility Legislation, including Packaging Waste Regulations, Waste Electrical and Electronic Regulations, Waste Battery and Accumulator Regulations as well as submissions of carrier bag sales in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- Responsible for the hazardous waste submissions for the business, as well as technical advice to branches on completing consignment notes and complying with legislation.
- Provide expertise and compliance advice on refrigerant gas legislation, including recovered refrigerant gas.
- Responsible for compliance with energy legislation, including CRC, ESOS and the rollout of the new Streamline Energy & Carbon Reporting requirements. Act as the main contact for EA regulatory CRC queries once the submission requirement ends in 2019.
- Prepare, review and submit all environmental impact data at half year and full year and work closely with the external auditor who is providing limited assurance on the data. Work closely with the Director of Sustainability to set reduction targets and identify performance trends and improvements
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in an environmental related subject and ideally Health and Safety.
- Significant experience with environmental compliance and sustainability.
- In depth knowledge of environmental legislation and the practical business implications.
- Proven ability in developing and delivering effective environmental compliance, strategy and improved performance across a multi-site UK wide business.
- Excellent knowledge of energy and waste compliance.
- Excellent IT skills and a strong verbal and written communicator .