A Local Authority based in the South West is looking for an immediately available EHO, to work on an initial 3 month contract.
- To inspect and collect data as required.
- Organise and carry out inspections of permitted processes, from an inspection list, under the Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2016.
- Investigation of incidents, accidents and processes.
- Provide clear detailed inspection notes concentrating on compliance with existing conditions and requirements of the permitting regime.
- Provide each operator with written follow up advice on the outcome of inspections.
- Measure and record data regarding Environmental factors in line with Environmental Health conditions.
- Evaluate and assess collected data, in line with current legislation, regulations and codes of practice
- Determine appropriate methods of improving Environmental Health conditions.
- Degree/Diploma in Environmental Heath or equivalent.
- Experience within Environmental Health particularly within Health and Safety/Housing/Pollution Control.
- Experience within Housing/Local Authorities or public sector desirable.