Up to £55,000
12 month contract
A leading transport organisation based in the UK and North America has engaged Acre to find an interim Environment Manager on a fixed term/contract basis to assist in contributing to the Group CR/Sustainability strategy and drive its UK-wide implementation in terms of environment. We have been tasked with finding a specialist who will lead the monitoring, auditing, reporting and benchmarking of the organisation's environmental performance, whilst continually assessing for other opportunities for improvement.
Key areas of responsibility
- Contributing to Group CR/Sustainability strategy and driving its UK delivery in terms of environment. Agreeing objectives and targets with their UK divisions in support of their overall CR/Sustainability strategy plans.
- Monitoring and evaluating the groups sustainability performance and risk profile through systematic gathering of management information, analysing trends and communicating these to stakeholders. Working with the Group CR Manager, contribute to the ongoing development of their CR Data System to ensure their strong participation in sustainability leadership index schemes such as DJSI, CDP and FTSE4Good.
- Managing compliance with the groups regulatory energy and environmental obligations including the energy savings opportunity scheme and SECR.
The successful individual will have:
- A degree or equivalent qualification.
- Membership of a relevant professional body (IEMA / IEnvSc) at chartered or equivalent level.
- Proven experience in an environmental management role, managing compliance with UK/EU environmental legislative requirements including ESOS / SECR.
- Manging, auditing and transitioning (to ISO 14001:2015) ISO certified management systems (14001, 20400, 50001)
- Understanding of financial risk approaches related to environment/climate change.
- Proven ability and confidence to successfully engage with peers and senior leaders to gain buy-in for change.
- Strong commercial awareness and a keen understanding of the impact of long term environmental risks and opportunities on the groups business model.
This is a superb opportunity to join a leader in their industry on an interim basis to gain valuable skills and experience. If this role is of interest please apply now, any questions don't hesitate to call Elliot Fisher on 0207 400 5598 .