Environment Advisor (Civil Engineering)
Portsmouth | £30,000 + Car + Benefits
Irwin & Colton are looking to identify an Environment Advisor to join a well-known company in the civil engineering space. The organisation have a track record of successful delivery of high profile projects and the environmental agenda has always been core to their operations. This is an excellent opportunity to join the large Environmental & Sustainability Team and further develop your career.
This multi faceted role will suit individuals who can successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously. Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the delivery of the environmental policy, and compliance with legislation and regulations across a wide range of diverse infrastructure projects
- Cultivating, driving, implementing and supporting a wide range of environmental projects including waste / recycling and ecology
- Conducting site visits and audits, constantly scanning for opportunities to drive improvements and deliver training where required
- Acting as the main point of contact for the environmental sustainability program with key stakeholders including clients, contractors, and regulators
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leader, in their sector, and effect real change through forward thinking schemes. The successful individual requires:
- A degree in Environmental Management (or associated discipline) with excellent data management ability
- Demonstrable environmental and sustainability experience, ideally within the infrastructure, construction, rail, utilities or related sector
- A passion for excellence, and an ambition to grow and develop a career within the environmental space
The role will involve the communication of ideas throughout the organisation, the ability to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders is essential. The position will include travel, a valid UK driving license is required.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact James Irwin; +44(0) 1923 432 632 or apply here. RefJI3328
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Advisor positions.