Environment Advisor - (Construction)
London and Essex - Travel required | £30,000 - £40,000 + Car + benefits.
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a rapidly growing construction company who are looking to recruit an Environment Advisor. The organisation works on a range of major projects; from fit-out and refurbishment to new build construction. This is a multi-site role where the individual will be expected to drive environment performance across a number of projects within the UK.
Responsibilities for the Environment Advisor will include:
- Supporting the wider SHEQ team in driving environment awareness across several active construction sites
- Assisting with environment and safety audits as well as maintaining the Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP)
- Coordination of site waste management plans as well an ensuring compliance with any relevant permits
- Maintaining environmental procedures for the reporting and communication of environmental performance to the senior management team.
- Promote environmental performance across the business, ensuring that environment and sustainability is at the forefront of the company's agenda.
The successful Environment Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within the construction or civil engineering sector
- Ideally an Environmental Degree (or equivalent)
- IEMA Membership
- Effective communication skills - both verbal and written, with the ability to engage with a range of clients and stakeholders
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Emily Dainton on +44 (0) 1923 432 632 or
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Advisor positions.