Johnson Matthey is a global leader in sustainable technologies and many of the company’s products enhance the quality of life of millions through their beneficial impact on the environment, human health and wellbeing. We focus on key markets where we can innovate and improve solutions for our customers through applying our expertise in advanced materials and technology. We have operations in over 30 countries and employ over 13,000 people worldwide.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated EHS Manager to provide leadership on site EHS strategy and to develop effective working practices that supports the continuous improvement in EHS culture and performance throughout JM Teesside.
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will lead a dedicated team to provide best practice EHS guidance and risk management to a class leading standard, in support of a diverse range of activities such as capital project design and construction, technology development, research, manufacturing, site operations, health management and environmental protection.
- Provide leadership on site EHS strategy to develop effective working practices that improve EHS culture throughout JM Teesside.
- Utilise EHS expertise to manage and provide EHS Guidance to support the delivery of business activities undertaken on the Teesside Sites.
- Maintain and enhance Site EHS Systems and cross functional policies to enable the multi-businesses on site and where appropriate associated JM businesses, to operate effectively in accordance with JM Group EHS Standards and Policies.
- Accountable for the provision of statistical data and reporting into Group EHS, ensuring Group mandated actions, safety policies and training requirements are complied with and implemented.
- Provide, maintain and enhance the Environmental Management System to maintain ISO 14001:2015 Standard and to ensure legislative and Group compliance, permitting requirements and sustainability targets are met.
- Lead engagement with the Health & Safety Executive and Environmental Agency to maintain effective working relationships in line with Responsible Care expectations.
- Appointed Responsible Duty Holder for Legionella, Asbestos and Fire, including accountability for Teesside Sites Emergency Preparedness.
- Responsibility for ensuring Wellbeing and Occupational Health systems and processes are appropriately maintained and continuously improved.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Chartered IOSH Membership
- Proven professional EHS experience within a relevant industry.
- Experience of dealing with regulatory bodies, including the HSE and Environmental Agency.
- You will have experience of managing across multiple sites and leading a team.
- Behavioural competences: team working, consulting skills, customer orientation, communication and presentation skills, influencing and negotiation skills, cultural awareness and leadership.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Chemistry is desirable.
- Experience of COMAH is desirable.
- Experience in driving improvements in Behavioural Safety and culture.
- Science or Engineering Degree.
- NEBOSH diploma or equivalent.
- An environmental qualification is also desirable.
How to apply:
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online