An international automated supply chain installation business is seeking an Health, Safety & Environment Manager to drive safety and environmental initiatives across their UK operations from design through to installation. Reporting into the Head of Health, Safety and Environment, you will be based in Oxfordshire with around 60% regional travel expected. We will be looking for candidates with engineering and/ or construction experience and a background in producing risk assessments for mechanical operations.
• The role supports both resident teams and construction sites, and the wider management team.
• Developing good working relationships with the management team and site teams, and be a key support with the cascade of initiatives across all sites customer installation sites.
• Coordinate accident/injury investigations, conduct reporting and analysis and manage associated personal injury civil cases/claims/costs to avoid claim initiation, reviewing medical case management, monitoring the return to work program.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of the Health & Safety management systems to ensure that the wider aims and objectives of the company are supported and ensures the maintenance of the OHSAS 18001 certification.
• Provides construction and CDM advice including subcontractor management.
• NEBOSH H&S Diploma or equivalent at NVQ 6 or above, Environmental Qualification preferred (NEBOSH or IOSH).
• Chartered member of IOSH or working towards.
• Preferred HND or equivalent in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or engineering experience.
• Design safety and machinery risk assessment experience.
• Experience of implementing HSE programmes in construction companies