Acre has been engaged by a leading manufacturer to introduce an EHS Engineer to their site in Reading, a brand-new role created by the business due to continued growth.
The client is a low volume, high value manufacturer of electro-mechanical products who provide solutions into the Aerospace and Defence industry for a range of diverse applications.
Due to the nature of the products, often bespoke for the customer and highly technical machining processes on site, the successful EHS Engineer must be from a manufacturing or engineering background.
Responsibilities will include:
- You will be hands on in this position on the shop floor, providing technical and regulatory guidance to all site personnel.
- Ensure the site remains compliant with all applicable UK regulations.
- Assist in the review and interpretation of policies, procedures & training programmes.
- Provide Safety & Environmental guidance to support the customer, working closely with engineering and programme management departments.
- Occasional need to create and implement additional EHS programmes or processes.
- With the introduction of a new product line, you will provide EHS and technical support guidance.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an existing EHS Engineer with manufacturing experience who is looking to develop their experience within this sector further.
In addition, the successful candidate will have the following:
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- 3-5 years' experience within an EHS role within a technical manufacturing or engineering environment is essential.
- Experience of the introduction of New Product lines would be preferable.
- Experience of 14001 & Health and Safety management systems, with experience of implementing or managing these.
This is great opportunity to work for a leading manufacturer with excellent development potential.
Our client is looking to interview ASAP so please do not hesitate to apply.