Your new company
This company is a worldwide leader in the manufacturing of building materials with a range of sites spanning the globe. Their UK presence is currently in a great place with continuing growth in the new year. They currently employ over 1000 staff across their Head Office, Manufacturing & Distribution Sites and Showrooms. They are looking to add an EHS Advisor for their Southern Region to look after the sites sitting within the South of England.
Your new role
Your new role will have the key priority of proactively assisting with the development, implementation, monitoring and review of all EHS Strategies, policies and procedures throughout the manufacturing organisation. Your day to day responsibilities may include some or all of the following:
- Undertaking accident investigations and ensuring the accurate reporting of them in line with company standards
- Collating and the analysis of accident and incident statistics and in turn recommending intervention strategies to reduce future risks
- Providing assistance to the H&S Manager to maintain effective working relationships with Senior Leaders, Staff, Trade Unions, Contractors, Stakeholders and more...
- Developing and delivering training and toolbox talks on health, safety & environmental matters
- Completing risk assessments and site inspections
- Promoting a positive working safety culture across the organisation
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful you will need to hold the NEBOSH National General Certificate and ideally an Environmental Qualification as well. Experience within the manufacturing industry is essential as well as a good understanding of PUWER and LOTOTO. You must have previous experience in completing accident investigations and delivering successful training sessions. Further NEBOSH Certificates in Fire or Construction would also be desirable but not essential, as if Tech Membership of IOSH.
What you'll get in return
In return you will get a competitive salary of £35-37k. In addition a company car or car allowance will be offered as well as a bonus of 6% annually. Working hours are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm and there is a whole suite of flexible benefits on completion of probation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.