Acre has been engaged by Landsec, one of the world's leading property development and investment companies, to identify their new Health and Safety Director to lead their industry-leading team.
Landsec believes great places are for people to experience and made with the experience of great people. This philosophy runs right through the business. Investing in people, understanding people and building relationships are how Landsec can build experiences.
The Health & Safety Director will play a lead role in ensuring Health and Safety risk is managed effectively across their entire operational portfolio and new developments. The role includes managing a small in-house team of Health and Safety experts and being responsible for ensuring Health and Safety is managed appropriately across all Landsec partners and supply chain.
- Act as the key Landsec representative for all health and safety related matters, ensuring they have the right safety-first culture with Health and Safety at the heart of the business.
- Provide strategic advice for the Board and senior leaders on health and safety issues and relevant reports at the required intervals.
- Regularly review and update as required, all health and safety policies, procedures and training programmes to ensure necessary compliance and the delivery of best practice.
- Ensure H&S risks are managed throughout procurement and contractor management on all new developments and with all external partners.
- Ensure all Landsec external partners are aware and compliant with their Group H&S management system and ISO 18001 certification.
- Responsible for regular reporting to the Property Committee, Exec-Com and the Board, including responsibility for producing quarterly progress reports.
The successful candidate will have exceptional communications and engagement skills combined with the ability to develop strong working relationships. You will also be highly adaptable and resilient to ensure success across a growing and fast paced environment.
The successful individual will also have:
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills with the ability to be highly adaptable
- Senior Health and Safety experience operating at a strategic level
- The ability to motivate, develop and managed a high performing team
- Experience from either property, development, construction or professional services with an emphasis on fire safety
- CMIOSH status
This is an exciting opportunity that would suit a dynamic professional who enjoys working in a high performing, fast paced business, if you're up for the challenge, apply today!