Acre is proud to be working with a world renowned FSTE 100 manufacturer with large operations in China, to find a competent and experienced Corporate EHS Manager. With the everchanging regulatory EHS requirements in China this corporate EHS role will help the business meet its regulatory EHS requirements as well as effectively managing EHS risk across the business's operations in the region through engagement and support of the operational and site EHS teams.
Responsibilities will include:
- Act as a primary authority and spokesperson for plant EHS affairs
- Establish and maintain proper relationships with local EHS authorities and other key stakeholders, to provide value added support in EHS topics with expertise especially in environment
- Provide an internal audit EHS service as part of Group EHS and other regular EHS audits across all China sites
- Provide coaching, training and support to the EHS teams in the region
- Provide an integral link and between the Global Corporate EHS team and the in-country operations
The successful candidate should demonstrate extensive experience of delivering compliance focused programmes, enhancing management systems and working closely with multiple sites to ensure a robust and consistent safety standard and approach within a similar organisation.
The successful candidate will have:
- Environment/Chemical/Engineering/EHS degree or equivalent
- Proven experience in a leadership role within the Chemical or Automotive industry
- Strong behavioural strengths in; driving change through others, industry leadership and executive disposition
- Strong communication skills. Fluent Mandarin and English is essential.
This role will report directly to the Group EHS Director and will lead the China EHS committee. As such, it is imperative that the successful candidate is a leader and has strong influencing skills. The role will also involve regular travel in China with some international travel.
If you have the right skills and experience and you are interested in joining one of the most innovative manufacturing firms in the world, please apply or contact us as soon as possible!