Do you have an Estates/Facilities Management background?
Are you exceptionally well-organised with experience in contract and maintenance management?
If this sounds like you, we have an exciting opportunity within Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) as a Facilities Manager.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our team at the MCA to ensure Spring Place is fully maintained in accordance with legal and planned maintenance requirements and to facilitate requested from the building occupants.
To be responsible for the effective and efficient management of the Maritime and Coastguard Agency Headquarters’ at Spring Place. Responsibilities include managing the Mechanical & Electrical, security, cleaning and associated site services, including general repairs to the building fabric and all other associated building requirements. Responding to emergencies and arrange necessary repairs, both in and out of hours.
Your Duties will include:
• managing all associated building and facilities related requirements
• monitoring contractor performance and service delivery
• co-ordinating and managing Spring place projects
• control MCA HQ budget for the building
• ensuring HQ’s legal Health & Safety requirements are carried out in accordance with legislation
• undertaking Fire Risk Assessor training
• assisting the MCA Service Manager in monitoring contractor compliance across the Estate
• providing support to Building Custodians across the Estate
• supporting the Facilities Management of the National Maritime Operations Centre in Fareham
• actively manage resources in line with corporate goals
For more information please see the attached Role Profile.
As our ideal candidate, you will have experience in contract and maintenance management, mechanical and electrical engineering. You will have excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
A highly organised individual, you work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
You are flexible and prepared to travel between the two office sites.
You are a Member of a Facilities Management Association (BIFM, CIBSE) or equivalent, with an IOSH Managing Safely qualification, or a willingness of working towards.
Closing date: 5th October 2018.