We are working exclusively with our client an exciting career opportunity within a respected and expanding Major Hazards, Safety and Risk team, supported by high calibre junior team members. This position will give you the opportunity to play a key role in the future growth and development of an already successful team, providing specialist and independent services to wide range of customers.
We are looking for a dynamic expert practitioner who can demonstrate the capability and experience to successfully contribute in the continued growth of our safety and risk consultancy team. You will work with operators, designers and colleagues within the business to ensure the safety of existing and new facilities or projects; typically in the oil, gas, chemical and power sectors in the UK and overseas. Many of the roles already undertaken by the team are enhancing the safety of some of the largest projects and facilities in the world. Through process safety and application of techniques including major hazard risk assessment, and safety management, your work and that of the team will help to improve design and operation, and satisfy regulatory requirements
This client offers an excellent salary package, including access to a company car scheme, a tailored training programme and great opportunities for career progression.
You will be a technical expert, and work with external clients to solve risk and major hazard challenges to human life and the environment. In technical areas, your responsibilities will include delivering and managing a range of projects in process safety and major hazard management topics; including hazard identification, HAZOP qualitative and quantitative risk assessments, Safety Reports/Cases, technical/process safety design studies, safety audit, safety and environmental management system development, functional safety, ALARP demonstration and major accidents/disasters assessment for EIA regulatory purposes. As well as delivering technical project work, you will successfully manage projects, win new commissions and build strong client relationships
Skills / Qualifications
- You will have a strong technical expertise in risk, major hazard assessment and safety management.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent, as a minimum, in Science, Engineering or Technology.
- You will work well with others, have the ability to communicate at all levels, and must have the commitment to identify, analyse and present solutions to issues in a constructive manner.
- You will have experience in preparing proposals and managing winning business within the field of safety and risk management.
- You must be able to obtain security clearance of Basic or above (i.e. SC).
- A valid UK driving licence is essential
For more information give Dominic Jacques a call on 020 7960 2551.