Associate Director - Health & Safety Consultancy
Reading | £80,000 - £90,000 plus car or car allowance and excellent benefits
We've been engaged by one of the UK's leading and most well-respected Health and Safety consulting firms to recruit an Associate Director. The role will play a crucial part in the strategic direction and management of this growing Health and Safety Consultancy.
Their clients range from multi-national healthcare, construction and technology leaders, through to global corporate companies. The services provided range from full health and safety strategy, to designing and implementing audit programs and acting as expert witnesses.
Responsibilities of the Associate Director will include:
- Working in partnership with the Managing Director and senior leadership team to develop and enhance Company strategy
- Leading, managing and motivating a team of experienced Health and Safety Consultants, always seeking ways to train, develop and improve performance
- Working with a range of clients, leading on project delivery, accurately assessing health and safety risks and strategy, and working with clients to deliver solutions
- Assessing the needs of prospective clients and developing proposals and agreements for new work
- Providing professional health and safety advice and support as required for clients
- Maintaining and continually developing strong relationships with clients to truly understand their requirements and be in a position to create innovative solutions
- Creating a collaborative culture internally, sharing best practice and ideas, constantly assessing opportunities for improvement and innovation
- Upholding the company's excellent reputation for hiqh ethical standards, and quality professional work
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven health and safety consultancy, or high level corporate experience with experience of creating pragmatic, innovative solutions, ideally with clients within medium and higher risk industries
- Degree or diploma (or equivalent) in health and safety and Chartered status with a relevant membership body (CMIOSH)
- Proven management and leadership experience, excellent communications skills with experience of engaging with a range of stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety areas and a detailed knowledge of enforcement practice and legislation
- A commitment to high professional, quality and ethical standards
- Good commercial acumen, financial understanding and an entrepreneurial spirit
This is a rare opportunity to join a well-established consultancy in a true leadership role with the potential to play an important role in the strategic direction and growth of the business. There is clear opportunity for career development and, in the future, to take a shareholding in the Company. For more details and to apply contact Michael Colton on or 01923 432 633
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.